- Russo and Steele for a press breakfast and a walkthrough.
- Barrett-Jackson for lunch breakfast leftovers and some auction action.
- Gooding, for OMG GRAIL CARZZZ part 1.
- RM on a lark. Credential sign up on site and OMG GRAIL CARZZZ part 2.
- Bonhams, because it was on the way back to B-J.
- Barrett-Jackson for lunch and some more auction action.
Drew Alcazar of R&S spoke about the segmentation of the auctions, and how each is a better fit for certain sellers, certain buyers, and certain cars. (I would say that is true for certain media as well.) Lists? Lists.
- RM – F40/F50
- Gooding – 288GTO, BMW M1, Aston Martin V8s, 512BB (but Windgate broke that cherry 2 years ago)
- Barrett – modded F40(would be higher exc. RM)
- R&S – lots of survivors, nothing stansds out.
- Bonhams – a Maserati Bora was as close as it came
Non Grail coolness (as % of selection)
- Gooding-(3 barn finds)
- RM – Aston DBs, Porsche 906, 959, Rolls, Bugatti
- R&S – crazy Mopars, Mark V, Opel GT, Lincoln Premiere
- B-J – Chrysler 300, Fury wagon, Toronados (gen 2 (didn’t see) and 3). But just too frigging big. How many Orange Boss 302s are there?
- Bonhams – Maserati Bora and a Ferrari 599XX
- B-J – private room in a horse barn. Always food. Coldly efficient process. Facetime possible. Silly rules about photos. Media are cattle like everyone else at the gates.
- R/S – press breakfast with owner face time. No hassles.
- RM – Meghan was a joy to work with. No hassles.
- Bonhams – just sign in and do whatever – we don’t care. No hassles.
- Gooding – Janelle was superhelpful, but too many rules about photo taking. Not these types of pics without permission/get out of the way of the moneyed/no on the record contact without prior clearance.
Ed.: after tonight, RM moves to #2 – no dedicated press area, but free champagne and sliders and appetizers, as long as the people out front can’t see they’re giving to to a media badger – so maybe it’s the Biltmore that gets the credit…